Welcome to the Rowan Alba job opportunities page. Rowan Alba offers a challenging, yet supportive working environment within a friendly and forward thinking charity. Below you will find all the exciting new opportunities that we have to offer.
We are looking for a Trustee to join our friendly organisation! Trustees are the people responsible under the governing document of Rowan Alba for controlling the management and administration of the organisation.
The role of a Trustee is:
- To ensure that Rowan Alba complies at all times with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulation
- To ensure that Rowan Alba pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- To maintain proper financial control and ensure that Rowan Alba applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects
- To set and maintain vision, mission and values
- To develop strategy, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To ensure accountability to Regulators/Contractors/people who use services
- To ensure policies and procedures are in place that respect the roles of staff
- To support the operational management of the organisation
- To ensure implementation of internal policies, which must include equality and diversity, health and safety, grievance and disciplinary procedures
- To ensure that risk assessments of all aspects of the business are carried out
- To safeguard the good name and values of Rowan Alba
- To maintain effective board performance and ensure the effective and efficient administration of the charity
- To promote Rowan Alba
- To act in the best interests of Rowan Alba and never in the interest of self or another organisation.
The Commitment of Trustees:
- In addition to the above statutory duties, each Trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience s/he has to help the board reach sound decisions. These may involve scrutinising board and working group papers, leading discussions, focussing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives or other topics in which the Trustee has special expertise
- The Trustee must attend a minimum of 3 Board Meetings each year
- The Trustee will meet annually with the chairperson to review their skills and commitment audit.
- The Trustee is required to act reasonably and prudently in all matters relating to Rowan Alba and must always bear the interests of the charity in mind.
Trustee Role Specification:
- To be able to attend 3 out of 4 Board meetings – remain informed
- To be proficient in the use of computers, internet and word processing
- To have the ability to read and understand complex reports and accounting data
- To be able to analyse and form relevant questions to senior Managers and external advisors
- To be able to represent the Board/Organisation at external meetings
- To feel confident in developing an independent viewpoint and sharing it
- To be able to present a viewpoint and it’s rationale –clearly and concisely
- To accept the governance responsibilities as outlined in the Memorandum and articles of association, and charitable registration and regulation
- To represent the board on additional working groups
- To represent the board and participate actively in fundraising activities
- To take on specific roles in the board e.g., convenor, treasurer
- Experience of fundraising (all sources)
If you are interested and you would like to apply, click here to download the application form. Please return this form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Casual Support Worker
We are looking for flexible, dynamic individuals to join our friendly organisation as Casual Support Workers at various Edinburgh locations.
As a Casual Support Worker you will provide housing-related support services to a wide range of individuals. Your role will be to provide tailored support to help address the individual needs of the client to maximise their independence. You will be a self-motivated, solution focused and a forward thinker. You will need to work well, both individually and as part of a team.
If you think you can do a remarkable job for us, then we’d love to hear from you – please contact us on email@example.com for more information.